Let's Talk About: TOP 10 Things to do in Disney's Animal Kingdom

11:38:00 AM


5 months working in Disney's Animal Kingdom makes me already familiar with all the things around here. So here are my top things to do while visiting this park.

Expedition Everest - Legend of The Forbidden Mountain:
This is the most famous attraction in the whole park. Most people coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom (DAK) to try this roller coaster ride. If you like roller coaster, you must be ended up loving this ride. With a lil bit twist and surprise in the middle of the ride, this is a must-do. Oh, did I mention it has the highest drop? 131 feet drop. Yeah!

Kilimanjaro Safaris:
This is also another main reason why people come to DAK. Spread in a really big area of DAK, this safari ride is really making you feel like you are in a legit African safari. Especially when you reach the savanna part. You will feel like you're in Africa. Well, at least that's what I felt. 22 minutes ride on the big truck and see all the animals will definitely make your day.

Primeval Whirl:
To be honest, the first time I saw this ride, I underestimated it. But after I tried it, this became one of my top rides at DAK. Don't be fooled by the appearance. You will think that it's a child ride. No thrill whatsoever. Well, prove yourself wrong by riding it. It can make an adult like me screaming like an 8 years old.

Festival of The Lion King:
Oh. My. God. The first time I watched this 30 minutes show, I cried in my happiness. If you love the movie Lion King, you will definitely love this show. It will make you feel nostalgic. And sing along to the music is a must. A big round of applause for all the performers also a big must. Salute.

Dinner at Tusker House:
A spontaneous walk-in to this restaurant after work made my day. Foods are really lovable. And it's buffet too. So you can stuff your mouth and tummy as much as you want. It's gonna be worth the price. And now, they expand the character dining for dinner too, so chances are you will see Donald Duck roaming around and say hi to you during your meal.

Become a Wilderness Explorer:
Wilderness Explorer is an activity where the kids (and adults too) can be a boy scout, like Russell from the movie UP. 31 badges to collect all around the park and in each station, you can definitely learn something new, either about the animal, environment, or about new culture. Even as an adult, I love this activity. Hey, learning is for everyone, right? Besides, it's a fun way to explore the park. PS: my favorite station will be the Asian Culture Badge, African Culture Badge, and all the stations in Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Rafiki's Planet Watch:
It's another section in DAK where you should take a train ride first before you reach the location. This is the place where you can see a behind the scene activities for animal care in DAK. There's a vet examination room where the animal is taken care of if they have a sickness or just a regular check-up. We can actually see all the vets working their magic to help the animal. The vets can also answer your question during the examination. Affection Section is the cutest around here. In this section, you can actually pet all the cute goats, pigs, sheep, donkeys, and even an Alpaca. Don't forget to wash your hands after all those affections.

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail:
A self-guided trail where you can see all the animals native to Africa. The main attraction in this trail is the lovely gorillas. Oh my goodness, they are so cute. And they have sexy butts too. Hahahahaha. But I also love the hippo, meerkats, and naked mole rats.

Maharajah Jungle Trek:
This is another self-guided trail but this is for Asian native animals, especially the South and South East Asian region, so don't expect to see panda here. If you ever watched Life of Pi, this trail reminds me of that movie where Pi's father opened a small zoo with all the south Asia structures. The highlighted animals will be the tigers (Bengal and Sumatran), komodo dragon, and bats. But I also love the bar-headed goose because it can fly to the highest altitude. It says that this animal can fly over Mount Everest. Wow. That's high.

Finding Nemo - The Musical:
Another show that worth to watch. I cried too when the first time I saw this show. This is like a little Broadway show inside the park. I love how the puppeteers play and make all the characters feel alive. The story of course not so different from the movie Finding Nemo, so it will also makes you feel nostalgic.

There are few other things that definitely also worth to try. Some of them are Wild Africa Trek, It's Tough To Be A Bug, eating turkey leg in Flame Tree Barbecue, eating at Restorantosaurus, and many other things. Well, I love this park so much. This is actually my favorite park among all 4 parks at WDW. Not only because this is the place that I work in, but maybe because I love animals too. So this is a good place for all the animal lovers and to all people who are thirsty to learn something new every day. 

*All the photos used are taken from Walt Disney World official website

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your attention! Regards!

Blog Archive