Let's Talk About: Favorite Harry Potter Characters

1:47:00 AM

Scrolling through Facebook and found a post about the newest movie based on the book that J.K Rowling wrote, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, lead me to a page of Pottermore. Ah how I miss Pottermore. Been a while not checking the website, I was so surprised to see the website again. It's totally changed. Big time. No more interactive reading where you can also pick the House to be in, play some games, brew some potions, and even have a dueling for spells. Now, it's become more reading, like reading some article online, with no interactive activity at all. But still, it's still full of detail writing about a certain character or place or event.

Speaking of character, in Pottermore you can find more detail about character that you've read (or seen) in the Harry Potter series. You will know the historical stories behind each character. And it got me thinking who is (or are) my favorite character(s) in Harry Potter. Hmmm...let's see...

I always have a thing with the villains so probably my most fave ones are actually on the dark side. My favorite alley in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is always Knockturn Alley, though not so many spells you can do in that alley, but still... Anyhoo, back to the favorite character. Let's start thinking who it's gonna be.

Draco Malfoy already captivated my heart since the beginning. And the fact that he's being played by cute Tom Felton in the movie makes me love him more. Hahaha. Tom Felton indeed gave a good extra point for Draco fans. Though Draco is one little snobby and cocky human being, but deep down inside he's just a lost child. He's actually suffering a lot during his entire 6 years in Hogwarts. But at the end he finally overcome all the obstacles in his life and became a little bit more on the good side, though he's not actually became good friends with Harry. I cannot imagine if they both became BFF. Ew?

I haven't found any writing about Bellatrix Lestrange in Pottermore yet. Ugh, I wish they had it. Anyway, the cruel Bella is also my favorite. This time maybe because of the influence of the movie. Helena Bonham-Carter is one of my favorite actresses. And she played this Bella character perfectly. The moment when she laughed during her being freed from the Azkaban, I fell in love with this character. This character is such a dark character. Even meself thinks that she's even darker than The Dark Lord. She has more twisted mind, I guess, and maybe a hint of personality disorder - Which I like a lot. Haha.

The bunny-teeth Neville Longbottom was so cute when he was trying to stop the three best friends in the Gryffindor Common Room, though at the end he got frozen by Hermione. Such a loyal friend actually and such a true Gryffindor. It's amazing to see how this clumsy and shy little Neville grew as a great wizard and practically a hero in the story. And he ended up being an Auror too...and a Professor. Wow. He is actually such an interesting character. Not to mention the actor who portrayed Neville, Matt Lewis, had also became one hell of a hunk. Whooo...

The loyal best friend of Harry Potter with the red hair and big appetite is also an interesting character. The Weasel King, Ron Weasley, also captivated my heart since the beginning. I love him when he was sacrificing himself in the Knight Chess. He's so cool there. Quite similar with Neville where he started as a underdog, Ron also started as an easy target for everyone to mock him, but at the end he proved himself and everyone that he's worthy enough to be mentioned in the wizarding world. He had an important role too, especially during the war. Now that's my Won Won.

I think those are my top favorites. Every time I saw them in the movie or read about them, I got so excited. Of course there are some other names that worth to mention too. The Half-Blood Prince himself, Severus Snape, The loony Luna Lovegood, the good godfather Sirius Black, the house elves Kreacher and Dobby, the one who always change form during full moon Remus Lupin, the great headmaster Albus Dumbledore and many more interesting characters with interesting background stories. As much as I hate Rita Skeeter and Dolores Umbridge, they also interested me as an annoying character.

Now I miss this series. Let's share your favorite characters while I try to say these words 5 times :D
   

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your attention! Regards!

Blog Archive