Let's Talk About: My TOP 10 of 2NE1's songs

2:53:00 AM

Since we are no longer can get any new song from 2NE1 as a group in the future, I think it's time for me to rewind and see what TOP 10 songs from them that I like. It's gonna be hard since they been around for seven years and it means a lot of albums and a lot of songs to choose from. This is gonna be tough. But let's start - btw, I'm not gonna put them in order from one to ten.

Lollipop
Honestly, I don't really like the song but somehow it still stuck in my head. That easy-to-remember and easy-to-follow hook haunts me. Haha. Also, this song somehow is a legend. This is where the group being introduced to the music scene for the first time. Despite the super bright MV and ridiculous outfits in that video, I still like the fact that two of my favorite K-Pop groups ever being together for the first time. BIGBANG and 2NE1 4lyfe! Btw, Dara looks uber cute in the MV. Oh em gee. What kinda creature is she?

Pretty Boy
The reason why I like this song is because of the lyrics and also the music itself. It such a fun song to sing while being sassy. And their live performance of this song is fun to watch. CL and Minzy's rap also nice to hear. That spelling part in the song always be my fave. "You're too P R E T T Y..."

Clap Your Hand
Tell me that you're also clapping your hands while listening to this fun song, coz that's what I do all the time. Hehe. I love the choreo so much, especially during the chorus. It always gives me headache coz it's hard to follow. Haha. My hands always strangle each other. Stupid.

It Hurts
Okay. This is really my favorite. The first time I heard this song, I got hooked instantly. This slow song really suits my style. Then I saw the MV and I fell in love once again. For me, this is the best music video from 2NE1. That Gothic style gives a nice darkness for this sad song.

I Am The Best
Who doesn't know this legendary song? I bet a really little amount of people. At least they've heard the "bam rata tata" at some point. This song that gives 2NE1 worldwide recognition. Not only the crazy beat the song has but also the strong lyrics that kinda represent the group (Yes, I'm biasing them so much because I think they're the best girl group ever. Haha).

Ugly
This song represents me. The lyrics are really something that I can relate to, big time. Maybe that's why I like this song. Haha. And the music itself is really different from what the group used to offer. This more rock-ish and I cannot believe that this type of song is actually kinda fit them.

Lonely
Another legendary song from the legends. This sad song can really make people feel sad and lonely just by hearing it. And I have to give a kudos to Teddy for writing the meaningful lyrics. If you don't understand Korean and listen to this song for the first time, probably you'll think that the girl is lonely because the boy left her. But when you find out the real meaning it's actually the other way around. Nice twist there.

Good To You
Another song that I like simply because of the lyrics. Thanks to GD and Teddy for this. Well, I'm not saying that the music isn't good. It's complimenting the lyrics definitely. But yeah, the attractive part of this song for me is the lyrics. Another thing that I have to give applause is the fact that this song ends in CL's rap. Now, that's clever move right there. Usually people will end the song with some other chorus or hook, but not this one. Nice. 

If I Were You
The queens shows us how precious their vocal really is in this song. And finding that CL made this song is something you need to treasure. Just listen to it and it will creep to your soul slowly but surely.

Come Back Home (Acoustic)
I specifically choose this one rather than the original one because simply this version is more beautiful in my opinion. I mean come on, who doesn't feel like crying when hearing this version? Each member shows their great vocal and CL's rap is really something. This song also shows how Blackjack feels right now. Ah...sad.

It's actually kinda hard for me to do this post. I listen to their song while writing and am trying so damn hard not to cry during each song. Especially while listening to It Hurts, Lonely, If I Were You and Come Back Home (acoustic). Those sad songs are really dangerous to listen to now since I become more sensitive and emotional about the disbandment. But hey, life goes on, right? Maybe I haven't moved on from the emotion at this moment but I will. Soon. I guess. I dunno.

Ah. This is definitely a sad moment in K-Pop, but I think I wanna leave it as a precious moment rather than a heartbreaking one. I'm glad I got to know 2NE1 and their music. They are legends indeed. Thank you for giving a great music and a great performance all these past seven years.

So those are my TOP 10. What's yours? *wink*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your attention! Regards!

Blog Archive