Let's Talk About: EPCOT (Part 1)

11:44:00 AM


"Epcot is a theme park in the Walt Disney World Resort, located near Orlando, Florida. The park is dedicated to the celebration of human achievement, namely international culture and technological innovation. The second park built at the resort, it opened on October 1, 1982 and was initially named EPCOT Center. In 1994, the "Center" was dropped from the park's name, and by 1996, the park was simply named Epcot." (from Wikipedia)


I went there alone in 2009. I already went to the Magic Kingdom before, so I decided to go to Epcot to see other things that happened at Walt Disney World Resort. It was summer so the weather was insanely hot (and it's Florida, brah!) but that didn't stop me to explore the place.

Coz it's basically a theme park, so you can find a lot of different attractions there. The park is divided into two different areas, Future World and World Showcase. To go there you can take a monorail.

Future World is a place, like its name, where you can see how Disney described what a future is. It's full of technology and innovation. Here you can find the signature building named Spaceship Earth, which I describe as a giant spikey silver ball :D

This ball is actually a 16-minute ride. You sit in a spaceship-like vehicle (if I do not wrongly remember) and you will experience the human life in the 21st century's cyber age. Your picture will be taken and you will be asked of how you will live your future. All that is done using a touch screen in front of you (built inside the vehicle). In the end, all the choices you made during the ride will be made as a cute video that you can download for yourself. Here's the example of how the video will be (taken from my friend's Facebook). Stupid thing was I didn't download my video. Bleh.


Another attraction in Future World is Imagination! Pavilion. Here we can find Journey Into Imagination with Figment that basically will tell us about our 5 senses - sight, sound, touch, smell, and taste. It is actually made for kids, but the hell. I still enjoy the ride. Haha.


Next to this attraction, there is Honey, I Shrunk The Audience. This is a 3D show where you can experience being shrunk by Professor Wayne Szalinski. This is actually a pretty cool show. Too bad, the year after I went there, it was closed and replaced by Captain EO starring Michael Jackson. This Captain EO is finally open again after years being closed since 1994. Actually, it will be cool if I could see both 3D shows when I went there.

Photo credit for Captain EO is from here

The next area to be explored in Future World is The Land Pavilion. Here is really interesting. You will feel like you're inside of the futuristic jungle. Haha.

The cool ride in here is Soarin' where you will sit in a glider and will be taken 40 feet up in the air with an IMAX film in front of you. You will feel like you soar above a few famous lands in America. You will not regret taking this ride. I promise you.

Living With The Land is a good place where you really into agriculture. Here you can find how scientists make a new invention of ways to plant. With a 14-minute boat ride, you will be fascinated by how actually people are advanced in the agriculture world. I doubted this ride at first but along the way, I was WOW-ed tho I was not in the agricultural world (And I saw the damn biggest Jackfruit and lemon in my entire life).
 

The Circle of Life is one of the attractions inside The Land Pavilion I didn't go into. Too bad since I couldn't meet Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa from The Lion King. *sad*

There are 3 other pavilions I didn't go into. They are Mission: SPACE, The Seas with Nemo & Friends and Universe of Energy. I didn't have so much time to explore the other. I only got one day to explore the whole EPCOT. Geez.

So yeah, that's basically what I can share with you about Future World inside Epcot. I will continue the chapter of World Showcase in the next post. Bye for now.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your attention! Regards!

Blog Archive